Monday, October 29, 2012

Skull Style With Jannis Markpooulous, Part I Of Skull Art Series For Halloween Week! (Go Away Sandy - I Need Candy!)

Disney Skulls!?  Can you dig it?  It's almost Halloween, not that I need a reason to post art skulls, as I love them so very much. (Or as I always say, "well crafted skulls.")  (Yes, more fashion stuff on the way later too!) Sandy is allowing me to catch up on le blogging so feast your eyes on Jannis Markopoulous.  
These are oil on canvas from his Cartoon Skull Mask series.  (PS. I pulled these from either Lost at E Minor or Trendland, so they deserve the credit for his discovery.)

In words from the artist: "The mask is an object worn over or in front of the face of a skull to hide identity of it and by its own feature to establish a part of a cartoon being.  This essential characteristic of hiding and revealing personalities or moods is common to all masks. As cultural objects they have been used throughout the world in all periods and have been as varied in appearance as in their use and symbolism."  For more in depth info on his thoughts of this series visit www.markapoulous.de.  
For me, I just simply love them and get goosebumps at really intriguing skull-based art.  Who doesn't?
Some critic I am, a?


Visit www.markapoulous.de for much more.