Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Contemporary! ZEVS at DeBuck, The Decline & Fall Of The Art World & Max Ferguson In Chelsea

A couple weeks ago on a usual Thursday night art stroll in Chelsea I came upon the following galleries (with the following pieces), I especially loved and wanted to share.  Most exhibits are up for a bit longer, catch them if you can, they are worth it!  
First, portraits by one of my favorites, ZEVS at De Buck Gallery.  I didn't realize they were his works as I'm used to the more dripping commercial logos (see one further below.)  I met him last year at Art Basel and always enjoy talking about his new projects.
Have a look.... 
Portraits by ZEVS

More ZEVS you may recognize, of course I chose the Chanel logos.
De Buck Gallery, 545 W23rd St., visit: www.debuckgallery.com hanging through August 30, 2013.

Rx by Kelly Reemtsen

Hans Kotter
Ruby Anemic


Below at Freight & Volume..."The Decline & Fall Of the Art World" featuring Loren Munk:  A few close-up shots of these incredibly detailed pieces - very large scale art world conspiracy map paintings.  I could read them and follow the times line all day.  See the East Village to Bushwick and every ting in between....
Also from an installation piece in the gallery....
These will be hanging at the gallery through August 17, 2013. visit: 530 W24th St., www.freightandvolume.com and see the full article in this weeks New York Magazine!

Two of my favorites below from Max Ferguson at Gallery Henoch...
The back of a Ferguson painting, a timeline and idea board per say, a nice bonus for the collector.
I don't have the artists name for this one, but it reminds me of a New Order album cover, so thought I would post. And, it's just beautiful.  
Gallery Henoch is located at 555 W. 25th St., 
Until next Thursday....

Preferences