Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Fairs in Photos: Photo Blog During Armory Arts Week - My Picks...

Photo Blog from the Fairs: Oh, how I await the first weekend in March when the art fairs hit NYC!   Five plus days/nights of pure contemporary art goodness.  Many of the big publications reviewed the art fairs that took place in New York City last week inside and out.  Artnet.com, Blouin Arts and so on gave us results of fair sales, celebrity sightings, who bought what, how much each fair grossed and so on.  Since there is only one of me and vs. a staff of dozens I wanted to get my photos and choices up in a relevantly, timely fashion with the sights of the fairs I found most interesting.  
Here's the way I saw it and a few of my favorite choices starting with The Armory...












ARTSY Projects presents Douglas Copeland, and visitors received these works of art on limited edition tote bags....


Baacgroun, Marina Abrmovic and the cell phone obsession...



More Douglas Copeland work - mixed media globes and paintings...








From French Galerie Albertapane, performance artist by Romuna Denovellis in a world of scented flowers....



Movie/Icon Director John Waters


Typical.





Shimon Attie 

Rodolpho Parigi


A photography/cartoon series by Ed Fornieles






Richard Prince, The Playmate, 2012

Eddie Peake

Next up more from Armory, Volta, Art on Paper, Pulse and Scope. For more on the Armory start here @thearmoryshow.