Friday, March 16, 2012

James Reeve Exhibition feat. Dries Van Noten at Hagerdorn Gallery - Art & Fashion Mixing Nicely!








Some photos (including Instagrams), from Hagerdorn Gallery's show LIGHTSCAPES by James Reeve. The show runs thru March 31, 2012 in Atlanta, GA. 

I enjoyed this especially as when I was in Atlanta it's almost impossible to find anything "fashion related."  Needless to say this was a nice event and brought out a few fashionable people, my shots were of people wearing Dries Van Noten, etc.  I have been dying to put my art on high end clothing like this, so I know I'm on the right track at least!  Here is a bit of info from the website:

The only US exhibition of a unique collaboration by fashion designer, Dries Van Noten and English photographer, James Reeve.

While presiding over the fashion jury at the Festival d'Hyeres in 2010, Van Noten discovered Reeve's series entitled 'Lightscapes' and was inspired to incorporate them into the fabrics of his Spring 2012 collection.

Reeve's nightscape photos of Marseilles, Morocco, London, and Las Vegas, among other cities, will be featured alongside mannequined pieces from Van Noten's collection.