Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Vintage Shopping on Bond Street - Selima Optique & Accessories, and more!


While walking down Bond St. last week (making my way to the art store), I stopped in the Bond 07 By Selima shop, and as usual found somethings to drool over, and go back for.  Just look at these colors!

  
ABOVE:This vintage style Pierre Cardin vintage poodles necklace had my name all over it, maybe one day she will be mine!  
What struck me was again, the art and fashion mix, along with pops of color for spring. We Ny'ers usually lean towards black as do most boutiques but the touches of spring color were just enough to know summer is around the corner, and black gets hot!  Take a look at the vintage style art work among fabulous frocks and accessories.   
    
Visit Angel for excellent customer service at 7 Bond St. (bet. Broadway & Lafayette.)  Full website is http://selimaoptique.com/.   To know you're on the right block, you'll see this AbFab billboard. This brings back the happiest memories, seeing Patsy & Edina near a favorite shop is heavenly! 

While outside shooting the Jack Spade / Selima windows I almost walked into BILL POWERS, Half Gallery owner and judge on BRAVO's WORK OF ART.    
  
 A few more Jack Spade windows...

I saw him at least 3 times this week, maybe that's a good sign! Of course I'm not going to walk up and ask for a shot, so I'll sneak up...(don't laugh!), here's him talking with his friend.
Soon, see my photos of Jerry Saltz at the Chelsea galleries & Stacy London from the Jean Michel Cazabat event.  Meanwhile read about Stacy's STYLE FOR HIRE 
company launching formally!  http://www.styleforhire.com.