Monday, July 2, 2012

Fashion + Art + Embroidery = Magical Work of Inge Jacobsen

There have been a ton of "summer in the city - street art" posting lately, and there's about to be more as the events keep coming!  But, I'm not forgetting my fashion people, I need to give you a little something more too; meet Inge Jacobsen. Combining fashion and art through embroidery, stitching has never looked so good.  If you are a fan of the glossy cover as I am + art + a unique way of doing things = you'll love her work too. 
More info on Inge Jacobsen (born 1987, Ireland), can be found on her website at http://www.ingejacobsen.com.  I found some of these photos below there, but most were found wandering about on the internet and I knew she would be a perfect ART/FASHION MIX feature. Very inspirational!  (Oh, and do visit my site at http://leannavalenteart.com/painting.html to see what I do with my covers.)
Many works are commissioned from the magazines and designers, etc. as you'll see a big feature from NYLON magazine....
Coming up: Ladies First Graffiti in Harlem and More from Hendershot Gallery's (Re)Print show.