Friday, February 1, 2013

Fashion, Design, Art; Iris Apfel Conquers All, at 92!

I hope when I'm 92, I will be half as remarkable and gracious as Iris Apfel.  If you are unfamiliar let's just say she is an American/New York businesswoman (born is Astoria!), and has conquered the world of interior design and a true icon of fashion.  
She has worked on several projects restoring the white house with Jackie Kennedy and under nine presidential administrations.  A true New Yorker, in 2005 she had her own retrospective at The Met for entitled "Rare Bird; The Irreverent Iris Apfel."  So yes, she's kind of a big deal.  Dazed Magazine thought so, check out her iconic fashion portraits below.  A perfect combination of her fashion, art and design ascetic. And, my photos of her from a recent appearance....
A few photos from Iris's appearance at Bloomingdale's 59th Street; I asked her what was next?  She replied "SHOES!"  Given the fun, vibrant, furry handbags you'll see below, I look forward to seeing the shoe designs due out this spring.
Stay tuned for more on Iris this spring, as she grows younger!