Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Art/Fashion Mix Fix: Haring & Warhol For Uniqlo & "Splashed" at Anthropologie!

Art / fashion mix fix:  I love paint splashed on almost anything.  I enjoy doing myself and being an artists I better do it myself.   Or, I could (but won't)  pay $440 for the one below from Anthropologie, www.anthropologie.com.  It's very well done but it's a heavy, heavy, heavy denim which you do not need to use, anything will do.  Purchase this below OR buy your own supplies and coat for a small fraction of the cost here.  I love to see the ever growing mix art and fashion have on each other, this is just one tiny piece I've seen recently.  Whether it's a big designer/ artist collaboration (Tim Walker's art influence, etc., (posts later this week), expensive names like Lisa Perry / Jeff Koons, or more affordable known retailers and mashing up each, I'm always interested.   These, and the chair again are from Anthro, below see the photos from the Keith Haring, Andy Warhol, etc. colab from Uniqlo, www.uniqlo.com. They are the best with the affordable art fashion collaborations. (Note: the photos are not great as the stores strongly dislike photo taking, therefore, we sneak the cell pics!)    
I love this but it's over $900, really??  Give me a chair, I'll do it for $100!
Keith Haring, Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat clothing at UNIQLO for all ages.  The series is still going and will continue for the net month or two.  A view from outside looking in the Fifth Avenue (& 52nd St.) location...
Men's, women's, kids, they covered it all, word is more designs will hit the store shelves in May.  And yes, sadly, this was all I could snap without getting in trouble in the store.