Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Goodbye For Now, David Bowie.

Photo Blog:  Where do I begin, and what hasn't already been said?  New York City and the world lost David Bowie at 69 years young last week on Sunday, January 10, 2016.  The art work, the music world, movies and well - art and music of every type will never be the same.  Everyone LOVED David Bowie.  We are all deeply, deeply saddened by this huge loss.  
Outside Bowie's Soho apartment on Lafayette & Prince Street, New York City.
My love for him began in about 1982 when I was "super young."  Eighteen concerts, yet never meeting him in person once even on the streets of New York will also linger as a huge unattainable regret.  I could go on forever but I won't, I'll just share some of my hundreds of photos taken outside his Soho, NYC apartment since last week.  (And folks, this is only part one of two and they are in no random order, just a look at the tearful, sad days.)
Have a look and remember the legend who will never truly die... especially since New York City named today, January 20th "David Bowie Day."  Thank you Mr. Mayor.