Saturday, May 19, 2012

Art & Fashion Mix from Rachel Perry Welty & Cecelia Paredes, You're Eyes Are Not Deceiving You!

New Art / Fashion Mix right here:  Today's post highlights two of my new favorite artists; Rachel Perry Welty & Cecelia Paredes.   You'll see the similarities, I almost thought they were the same artist at first a while ago, similar to the embroidery / photography posts I did last month.  First up, Rachel Perry Welty who will be showing at Yancy Richardson Gallery, May 24 - July 6, 2012 (opening reception that I can't wait for on Thursday, May 24, 2012 / 535. W22nd, 3rd Floor), I believe this is a "Vogue prints series"  more info on the artist at  www.yancyrichardson.com.


Now for Cecelia Paredes.....see what I mean?!  However hers are acid free photograph prints. All the info on Cecelia Paredes can be found at http://dlfinearts.com/ - which is located in Miami, but the gallery was represented at PULSE and all the art fairs.  I've been fond of this gallery and her selections for a while. You will too as you follow Ms. Paredes, I love these. Fashion, style / art - my kind of mix!  Look close to see all the details....

 
Images found on both gallery sites listed above, no, I didn't take them, I wish!