Sunday, August 5, 2012

Extreme Fashion Window Alert: Kate Spade's Art/Fashion Mix!

Art / Fashion mix at Kate Spade!  Their new windows in Soho and I believe on Fifth Avenue are full of brushes dripping with paint, (one of my favorite sites.) It's a bit "constructed," it could be a bit more messy for a "true" art vibe, but it is prim/proper Kate Spade afterall, so of course they would never show an "art mess."  The theme is awesome and once you see them up close you will really appreciate them.  Here are a few scenes below...and also note that Kate Spade will be opening a new store for fall, on upper Madison Avenue.  Could Jack Spade be next to head uptown?
Yes, I took to many of these photos....
Next at Anthropologie I found another hot art/fashion mix at the Fifth Ave / 16th St. location. As you head downstairs, of course to the sale section, you will find this cool-cool ceramic dog and surrounding him are (for sale) vases with art flowers.  The petals are fabric, the center of the flower(s) are paintbrushes.  Why didn't I think of this?  Artists: never throw out your used supplies, you can make things!  Or, give them to me when dried and I'll make things!   
The vases were priced between $148-$300 and up, yes, that's correct.  The designer also makes many of their hand painted bags, etc. but I need to repost to get the name correct. It's taking some Leslie Oschmann for Swarm (google that name, you will love what you see), but I need to double check that.   They are not on their website, I already checked. Take a look....