Thursday, August 16, 2012

Today's Inspiration: Fashion / Art Mix With Aurelian Junner, Must See Covers!

Jumping back to fashion today, with an art mix of course, I introduce you to someones work I have admired for a while, French born, Barcelona based artist and designer, Aurelian Junner.  If you've followed my series The Fashion Newsstand (www.leannavalenteart.com), you'll know I'm a huge fan (and draw weird inspiration), from the glossy fashion covers.  I'm especially drawn to the foreign, or more independent choices, as such below. See how he does it.....
As also noted on Trendland.com, Junner also has a photographic reflection on the function of fashion magazine as a medium of dissemination of “mass culture” images and its relation to reality.  He refers to his method as “juxtaposition intervention”, questioning the status of the fictional world and idealization created for the magazine, and its relationship to the real world where the image is built." 



I'm especially drawn to the mix of my two favorite things and love what he's done with the "beautiful people covers" making them not so pretty.  If you follow me in Instagram at leannav you can see a few of my newest pieces in their earliest stages and see how they compare, or may compare when I finish them, soon!
For more info on Junner visit: http://www.aurelienjuner.com/