Thursday, February 28, 2013

Art/Fashion Mix: Will Cotton Presents Elle Fanning for NY Fashion Week 2013

This art/fashion mix was a no brainer the second I opened the New York Magazine's Spring Fashion Issue.  Will Cotton Shooting Elle Fanning in elaborate Cotton-styled edible gowns? Truly unique, I'm on it!  And, truly Will Cotton.  (You've seen his work decorating celebs and musicians for cd covers, Katy Perry, etc.)  Here's what I could gather from the online spread and a few words from the magazine:
 "Will Cotton Shoots Elle Fanning: For New York Magazine's spring fashion spread, Will Cotton, painter of sickly sweet compositions of nude women and landscapes of fluffy candy, shot 14-year-old starlet Elle Fanning amidst giant candy canes and hearts, her body wrapped in an icing corset. "I just felt like she got it,” Cotton said of the shoot with Fanning. "I don’t think any of it struck her as ridiculous."    
The shots are again, very Cotton-style, totally unique and Lucius as always with elements of surprise in the mega detailing.  Take a look at this art/fashion mix....
The drawing that stopped me cold!
and
for more!